Histroy of NGGP-13
New Government Polytechnic, Patliputra, Patna- 800013 is among the premier Technical Institutes of Bihar and of the country at large having a distinct aura and stature. Started in 1955 as a School of Engineering, it initially offered Diploma Courses in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. Ever on fast track of development it has undergone expansion and transformation keeping pace with the changing contour of Technical Education in the Country. With its added length, breadth and dimension there has been opening of emerging areas in Engineering and Technology like Electronics, Computer and Automobile. Simultaneously there has been ongoing innovations and up gradation in course contents and in teaching and training methodologies in sync with India’s emerging as a technological superpower and the hub of developing technologies and technical manpower. Needless to say, the Institute has scaled new heights and established standards of excellence duly recognized by its entitlement as An Institute of Excellence by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).The Institute is situated between the posh residential Patliputra colony and the Industrial Estste. Its surrounding areas within a radius of 10 km. is a veritable mix of the old and new: sylvan landscape and greenery jostling with modernist brands. The area also contains some precious relics of our recent past: Sadaqat Ashram, Rajendra Sangrahalaya and Braj Kishore Bhawan are glowing emblems of our Freedom Movement. About 2km from Institute gate flows the holy Ganga, whose ever flowing and ever changing currents beckon us to our march towards our grand destiny.